We visited Copenhagen some time ago. It was an inspirational trip. The architecture was stunning, even the street furniture blew me away. Stars on drain covers – quite beautiful.
On the Marble Church we spotted cows carved into the stonework. This image was my inspiration for a Christmas card.
I think it is incredibly important to have an insight of the creative process that realises the product.
- Selected and researched the image
- Sketched ideas, procrastinated.
- Improved the drawing, but didn’t quite finish it
- Traced the design
- Transferred the design to the lino
- Experimented with the lino cutting tool on a scrap
- Cut the lines
- Realised that I had forgotten to add the word ‘jul’
- Carved ‘jul’
- Cut paper
- Moved to another room to set up to print – organised newsprint, gloves, roller, tray, rolling pin (no printing press)
- Selected ink – black (that took a while)
IT WAS A LONG PROCESS – will finish this post later.